Kulula is a low-cost South African airline, with it’s head office in Johannesburg, that doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s a real shame that Kulula doesn’t fly internationally, they deserve some support if only for their humour, very typically South African (never met a South African I didn’t like). There’s another page of Kulula Tannoy Announcements.
Flying 101 – Captions
Kulula are probably most well known for their amazing plane paint job that featured information on what various parts of the plane were called.
- aircon ducts = not that kulula needs it… they’re already cool.
- avionics = fancy navigation stuff.
- a.p.u. = extra power when you need it most.
- back door = no bribery/corruption here.
- black box = which is actually orange.
- boot space
- cockpit window = sun roof; co-captain and big cheese.
- first class windows = throne zone (more leg room baby!)
- engine #1 and #2 = 26 000 pounds of thrust.
- front door = our door is always open … unless we’re at 41 000 feet.
- fuel tanks = the go-go juice.
- galley (front of plane) = cuppa anyone?.
- galley = food, food, food, food….
- landing gear = comes standard with supa-fly mags.
- loo = or mile-high club initiation chamber.
- nose cone = radar, antenna, and a really big dish inside.
- rudder = the steering thingy.
- seats = better than taxi seats.
- stabiliser = the other steering thingy.
- some windows = kulula fans = the coolest peeps in the world.
- tail = featuring an awesome logo.
- windows = best view in the world.
- wing #1 and #2
- plane’s registration = ZS-ZWP – OK-PIK. = secret agent code